You can categorise and further sort each record in CRM using values in code lists.
There are several free (editable) code lists in CRM, to which you can add and assign your own new items.
These are the following code lists:
- On the Client's detail:
- tab Basic data: Category, Contact source, Branch, Business territory.
- tab Additional information: Classification 1,2,3, Legal form, Turnover, Number of Employees, Payment terms.
- On detail Contact Persons:
- Basic data: Category, Type (by phone);
- Additional information: Classification 1,2,3, Marital status, Language.
- On the lead detail:
- Source, Category, Business Territory, Type (by phone).
- On the detail of the Business Case:
- tab Basic data: Status, Source, Category.
- tab Additional information: Classification 1,2,3.
- In detail Offers / Orders:
- Condition, Category.
- On the Project detail:
- Condition, Category.
- On the Product Detail:
- Product line, Category, VAT rate.
- On the price list detail:
- Currency, Category.
- In detail Activities:
- On the folder and file detail:
Before starting work in the CRM (and before uploading contacts), it is good to prepare items for code lists according to your needs. This is because proper sorting keeps the database in good condition and without clutter in the data. You will also appreciate it when using various Filters.
Think about what parameters you want to monitor for each type of record, for example, the Business Case category will express different values than the Client category.
How to do it?
Open the record detail, for example, Client. For the selected dialer, select Edit Items. If you have this option hidden, it means that you do not have permission to edit code lists.
Enter a name for the new item and confirm with Add.
Created items are sorted by when they were created. You can change their order manually using the dots in the left column. The mouse pointer changes to arrows, and you can move the item to another location. You can also change the colour after editing the name.
In the Clients list, you can use the Categories filter to search for Clients by individual items.
For more information on code lists and adding, editing items, see the Business Case States help.
If you want to edit code lists in bulk, go to the Code Lists Help. Only the Administrator may perform bulk editing of code lists.