Tags are a powerful tool that can help you organize and filter through your Raynet database.
We strongly recommend using them because they have several advantages:
- one record can have several tags at once,
- tags can be found in all types of records except Price Lists,
- when filtering by tag, you can specify certain conditions (find out more in the section Filtering by tag).
Tags can always be found on the detailed record card, for example, at the bottom of the Account card.
Creating a new tag
Open the detailed record card and click the Plus button in the Tags bar. Enter a name for the new tag and confirm by clicking Save.
Assigning an existing tag
Again, open the detailed record card. In the Tags section, click the Plus icon. When you start typing the name, the autocomplete feature will find existing tags. All you need to do is type the first few letters and then select from the available tags.
Filtering by tag
Use the Filtering button to find records marked with a specific tag, for example, Accounts.
In Filtering, first select one of the options for filtering by tag. There are three options to choose from:
- is – records must contain this tag,
- isn't – records must not contain this tag,
- variable – records must contain at least one of the variable tags (if you enter more than one).
Start typing the name of the tag. The autocomplete feature works here, too, so you will see the tags when you write the first few letters.
The list will be automatically filtered. It is also possible to Save the filter.
Adding tags to multiple records at once
You can add tags to multiple records at once with one of the Mass Edit features.
1. In the list view (e.g., Accounts), check all the Accounts you want to add the tag to.
2. Click on the Edit button » Add/remove tags
3. The Mass Edit box will appear on the right.
4. Find the tag and add it. You can also remove multiple tags at once in the same box by clicking on the small X next to the specific tag.
5. Finalize the edit by clicking the Confirm button.
To delete a tag from a specific record, click the X that appears when you hover over the tag name.
If you want to delete or rename tags, you can do so in Settings » Tags.