When creating simple automations, you can use our templates, which you can find in the Automations section on the Templates tab.
In this example, we will show you how to set up an automation from a template. For every new Lead that is created based on a recommendation from someone or has a high priority, a Task will be scheduled automatically.
Select the record type Lead » Template name » Each time a new Lead is created, a task will be scheduled.
Automation set-up options
Trigger » new Lead is created.
Trigger settings » we want to let only selected users trigger the automation.
At least one set of conditions needs to be met for the automation to proceed to the next step.
We set the conditions as follows:
Condition 1 » Contact source is "reference"
Condition 2 » Priority is "High"
Action » New Task is created
Individual fields can be set up as follows:
- Subject » We want to add the name from the Lead subject from step 1
- Author and Resolver » The owner (user) who created the Lead in step 1
- Priority » High
- Security Level » By Owner (user), who created the Lead in step 1
- Deadline » The following day at 10:00 AM
- Date from » The following day at 9:00 AM
- Duration » 1 hour
Lead » We want to link the Lead created in step 1 to the Task context