An action specifies what should happen in the given step. An Action can be, for example, creating a Task or Meeting, sending a Notification, converting a Lead, sending an Email, or sending a webhook.
Individual actions can vary depending on the specific record type.
For all record types, you can add the following actions:
- Create new record
- Edit record
- Export system report
- Export custom template
Actions specific to different record types:
- Add new legal title for Account/Contact/Lead
- Edit Account address
- Retrieve record field from contact database or business
- Add Product to Deal/Quote/Sales Order
- Send webhook
- Send notification
- Send email notification
- Send mass email
Field settings for action
An action does what the user chooses, as opposed to a condition that compares values in order to perform the next step. For both condition and action, we have either absolute or dynamic values. In some cases, it is possible to add a specific contextual record to the action (e.g., adding the original Lead to the Create new account action). In addition, we can also select functions in the Select values from previous steps list.
The function can have both existing and empty values.
There are 3 functions to choose from:
- Security Level (Owner) - select this function if you want to set the default Security Level for the record Owner. This is because the Owner may have a different Security Level set than the Shared Security Level when creating a record (e.g., a Meeting).
- You can also get the Owner variable from the Lead from the previous Create new lead step from the list of values in the Owner field. The security level of the newly created phone call will be selected according to the default security level of the Owner (which is taken from the previous automation step).
- Transfer name from product or Transfer price from product - it is possible to transfer the name and price from the selected Product.
Example: if a specific Product is added to a Deal, the name and selling price are taken from this Product.
- It will be filled in from the record context - when you select a record, the function will be automatically added to those fields that are contextually linked to the record.
Example: when you select Phone Call, the function will be automatically added to the fields that are the record context (of the Phone Call), which can be an Account or a Deal. In a new Phone Call, you will then see both the Account and Deal record in the "Record Context" panel.